Sunday, June 1, 2014

Masterpiece Essay

As we started the masterpiece academy I was not sure what to expect from the presentations, in the end every single project made me believe how absolutely talented every single person in our class is.
Although the construction of this class is completely different from any learning environment I have ever been in I think it encouraged everyone to do their best. Being able to control our learning experience made it easier for us (students) to tailor each lesson to best fit us. The trust that you as a teacher had in us was brave, although many students could have taken advantage of the freedom we were given most took it and used it in a positive way. For the most part everyone deserved, earned and honored our roll in open source learning.
Relating my journey through this course with some of the fictional stories we have read proved to be difficult. As I think about the tales we have read I think about the struggles and hardships each character had to endure, my journey is meek.. Jumping in to this class though was how I excepted Bernard from Brave New World to feel as he entered the savage community. It was strange and filled with unknown things. My fear of memorization was one that reminded me of Beowulf. As he prepared to slay the beast I had to prepare myself to slay the soliloquy. In the end we both were able to conquer our obstacle (mine was much less violent). Towards the end of the first semester I felt like Ophelia from Hamlet. I was torn between listening to Dr. Preston and do my work or my head telling me to take naps after school. In the end I listen to Dr. Preston and completed my work (thankfully my story ends differently from Ophelia's).
I don't think I reconnected or connected with any passion my passion has always been the same. I enjoy helping people, whether it is through the ClassyU blog or in person I like to see people satisfied and happy.
My hardest fits of laughter during this course was when my group made our first semester masterpiece video. Taking each piece of literature that we had read and making it a parody made the class seem so much less stressful. The element of laughing reduces frustration making everything else enjoyable.
A common theme through many of the presentations was making memories. Taylor, Hannah and Meghan showed us how changing our attitude towards high school and making the best of everything will make it so much more enjoyable. Ian, Shane and Mia promoted school spirit and helped make so many memories for everyone through Warrior Nation. Hayley showed us that even though high school is not perfect if you make the most of what you have you will always have a good time. Breanna, Whitney and Eli told everyone to live life to the fullest. They even went skydiving just to show us how stepping out of your comfort zone will make all the difference and make your time more enjoyable. Miranda brought most of the class to tears with "time is o the essence" she made us all realize how fast time moves and how making memories now is so important.
Am I a Hero? No. I did not do anything extraordinary in the class for the most part I did what I needed very rarely doing extra. When it came to my masterpiece I did put in the extra effort because it was something I was passionate about. I had one great challenge to conquer and that only left me feeling like I barely survived.
Literary techniques, I know this is not sneaky but I am bad at being sneaky (ask my parents). Pathos, emotion was a big theme throughout the masterpiece academy. With graduation so close everyone's emotions are at an all time high.

*This is my essay nothing fancy sorry I had a really big shooting competition this weekend and I did not have much time to work on homework.*

No comments:

Post a Comment